AK49 Karaoke thought it was time to bring back a karaoke competition to everyone! You don’t have to be a pro to compete here! Karaoke is fun and for everyone! We will have 7 preliminary rounds that are held at different locations throughout Anchorage and the Valley. Finals to be held at The Last Frontier Bar in Anchorage on Wednesday, August 8th at 7pm. The winner of each week will advance to the finals. We even have a red lantern award that will be given out to the last place contestant at each preliminary!
- Age 16 and up
*Note- all singers and spectators under 21 need to have a parent or legal guardian with them during competition.
-You can choose a song from the karaoke selection provided or bring your own song via thumb drive, CD or iTunes on phone. (YouTube is not allowed).
- Sign up starts at 6pm at each location. Competition runs from 7pm-9pm.
- We take the first 20 people to sign up that evening, no reservations.
- 1stplace winner for each preliminary round will advance to the finals.
- All others that do not win 1stplace during preliminaries are welcome to come back week after week and compete for a spot in the finals.
- “LAST CALL” ROUND:All 2ndand 3rdplace singers from each preliminary round that does not get a spot in the finals will be able to come to the finals and compete in our “LAST CALL” to start the show. 2 singers will be chosen to advance to the finals!
- There will be a “Red Lantern”award for the last place singers of each preliminary round. This award will get you a spot at a Master Class taught by Anchorage's very own Megan Killoran. Megan is one of the leading vocal coaches in Anchorage, the Director of the Great Alaska Talent Competition and is also the lead singer of the band Nothin' But Trouble, Lil' Trouble, Nothin' But Karma and The MJ Duo. In this master class, Megan will critique one of your songs with the group and also give you some breathing and vocal exercises you can take home and work on to work on getting better! Date of the master class is TBD.
4 Corners in Wasilla-
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Monday, July 23, 2018
Tuesday, July 31, 2018
Humpy's Great Alaska Alehouse-
Wednesday, July 11, 2018
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Wednesday, August 1, 2018
The Last Frontier Bar-
Wednesday, August 8, 2018
(Last Call round to begin at 7pm and Finals to begin directly after)
-Door prizes to be given away at each preliminary round for all that attend, including competitors.
-Winner of each preliminary week will get a pair of tickets to the Gary Allen concert at the Alaska Airlines Center on Tuesday, August 7th, 2018!!!
-Red Lantern awards for each week will win a free group Master Class with Megan Killoran, one of Anchorage's finest contemporary vocal coaches and lead singer for Nothin’ But Trouble. In the master class you will get critiqued from a performance during the class and also taught and sent home with some breathing and vocal exercises to help you improve you game.
NOTE: if you do not get the Red Lantern Award during the prelims, you can also attend this Master Class for a small fee of $25. You can sign up during any preliminary round at the registration table.
-1stplace AK49 Karaoke Competition trophy
-Interviews with some of our local radio stations
-Performance on Channel 11's DayBreak series
-Performance at the Performing Arts Center in the second half (entertainment portion of the show, not competition) of the Great Alaska Talent Competition notated as the winner of the AK49 Karaoke Competition held during Fur Rondy time!
-2ndplace AK49 Karaoke Competition medal
-3rdplace AK49 Karaoke Competition medal